blue sky?

Lucas Gonze-2
What is the future of playlists?

Is there value that XSPF or JSPF or something similar could help realize?

Personally I would love to do a simplified JSPF-ish format, with fields that are commonly unused removed. I would also love a track-specific format that unbundled track from trackList.

Re: blue sky?

Pushtape
I could see JSPF working well in music aggregators & semantic discovery applications.

Playlists also seem like a natural fit for the compact multimedia widget/card design pattern [1].

What's the use case for a track specific format? I feel one of the advantages of xspf/jspf is simplicity -  it can handle multiples, but certainly doesn't require it. It would be interesting to support a "timeline" of annotations for a single track (sub-tracks, notes, links), similar to youtube annotations or soundmanager2's annotations example [2].  Not sure if that is out of scope here though.