cassette.json

Pushtape
A few years back I had proposed a portable discography format, that basically could act as a container for JSPF playlists with some additional metadata and configuration.

The concept evolved a bit, and I finally got it working by building a decoupled static frontend that uses a cassette.json file to build out a working user interface for listening to local as well as remote JSPF playlists.

https://github.com/zirafa/pushtape-cassette

Any feedback is appreciated - currently it supports very basic JSPF metadata (mostly because of real-world space limitations in the user interface)

-zirafa

Re: cassette.json

Lucas Gonze-2
I will fiddle around with an install.

Ability to track downloads and in-browser streams would be a helpful feature.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Pushtape <[hidden email]> wrote:
A few years back I had proposed a portable discography format, that basically could act as a container for JSPF playlists with some additional metadata and configuration.

The concept evolved a bit, and I finally got it working by building a decoupled static frontend that uses a cassette.json file to build out a working user interface for listening to local as well as remote JSPF playlists.

https://github.com/zirafa/pushtape-cassette

Any feedback is appreciated - currently it supports very basic JSPF metadata (mostly because of real-world space limitations in the user interface)

-zirafa

Re: cassette.json

Pushtape
Thanks...maybe a JS hook could fire when streams occur, so that a backend script (maybe blockchain) could keep track.

The libraries *should* just work since they are all included in the Github package and are relative links to the base url. Still, you are right that installation could probably be streamlined with the inclusion of some build scripts.