composer, artist and several other tags in picard

composer, artist and several other tags in picard

Tobias Schula
Hello!

I added some information to the release "Little Love Affairs" by Nanci
Griffith:
> http://musicbrainz.org/release/1eaf2ea6-fec1-43b2-ab31-9cdfaab2abc3

The relationships for the release itself, like vocals and instruments, got
instantly displayed in picard, and picard was able to write them into the tags
of the files. However, the relationships for the individual recordings, like
the composer(s) and additional guest musicians, don't display in picard and --
of course -- don't get written.
> http://musicbrainz.org/recording/370139fc-1cfc-4e11-a5c1-6bb3df99a52d

Do I have to wait the two weeks, until they get applied, or is this feature
not provided by picard?

Toby

Re: composer, artist and several other tags in picard

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Tobias Schula <[hidden email]> wrote:
The relationships for the individual recordings, like
the composer(s) and additional guest musicians, don't display in picard and --
of course -- don't get written.

Do I have to wait the two weeks, until they get applied, or is this feature
not provided by picard?

I think you want Options / Metadata / Use track relationships. Do you have that checked?

Keep in mind that having that on might make very large releases load slowly / not at all right now, but it should work almost all the time.

Ask to join the French translation and fix it ;) https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/musicbrainz/language/fr_FR/

Am Dienstag, 16. April 2013, 14:00:33 schrieb Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren:
> I think you want Options / Metadata / Use track relationships. Do you have
> that checked?

Thanks a lot, that was the option I was looking for!

> Keep in mind that having that on might make very large releases load slowly
> / not at all right now, but it should work almost all the time.

So far it worked for all releases I checked.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Tobias Schula <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 16. April 2013, 14:00:33 schrieb Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren:
> Keep in mind that having that on might make very large releases load slowly
> / not at all right now, but it should work almost all the time.

So far it worked for all releases I checked.

Yeah, when I say "very large" I mean stuff with 10 or 15 discs. Just mentioning it so that if you do hit a problem, you know you can just deactivate the option for that release :)

Glad it was what you wanted! :)