editing on test.MB.org

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

editing on test.MB.org

derGraph
Dear Brainerz!

I've just started testing the "artist type: project" changes and once
again realised that I'm not an automod on test. I also realized that the
"highlight pending changes" feature still works correctly. And then I
remembered that edits on the test server are never closed automatically.

In general, I prefer not to be an automod there, since everything is
presented the way normal users would see it. But the downside is that
none of my edits ever gets closed unless an automod approves them.

Therefore I'd like to suggest that the time until the edit is closed is
reduced to one hour. Since the modbot only runs once in an hour, this
would mean that the edits on test.MB.org would be closed after 60 - 120
minutes. That is IMO a fair time for everyone to file test edits, see
which changes will be voted upon and see the effect of the edits a short
time thereafter.

Of course, if there should be a change in the voting process, the time
should be increased, but AFAIK this is unchanged through the most recent
server versions. And since it's only a test server, we don't really need
voting there.

--

 derGraph


_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: editing on test.MB.org

Simon Reinhardt
derGraph wrote:
> Therefore I'd like to suggest that the time until the edit is closed is
> reduced to one hour. Since the modbot only runs once in an hour, this
> would mean that the edits on test.MB.org would be closed after 60 - 120
> minutes. That is IMO a fair time for everyone to file test edits, see
> which changes will be voted upon and see the effect of the edits a short
> time thereafter.

ModBot does not run on test. But you can approve every open edit on test, even as a normal user.

_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: editing on test.MB.org

DonRedman
In reply to this post by derGraph
On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 14:17:41 +0200, derGraph wrote:

> I've just started testing the "artist type: project" changes and once  
> again realised that I'm not an automod on test. I also realized that the  
> "highlight pending changes" feature still works correctly. And then I  
> remembered that edits on the test server are never closed automatically.
>
> In general, I prefer not to be an automod there, since everything is  
> presented the way normal users would see it. But the downside is that  
> none of my edits ever gets closed unless an automod approves them.

IIRC there is a feature on the test servers that you can manually accept  
reject _any_ edit. You will have to go to the eidt's page.

see <http://test.musicbrainz.org/show/edit/?editid=3892287>

   DonRedman



--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation  
around! :-)

_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: editing on test.MB.org

derGraph
In reply to this post by Simon Reinhardt
Simon Reinhardt wrote:
> ModBot does not run on test. But you can approve every open edit on
> test, even as a normal user.

Aw, right! I forgot about that feature...

--

 derGraph


_______________________________________________
Musicbrainz-experts mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/mailman/listinfo/musicbrainz-experts