how to add albums to database?

cornel panceac
For years, whenever i've tried to add a track listing to music brainz , i've never managed to understand how. Today i attempted to add three new (for me) cd's into db, but never found how. Example: one album has another entry already there, and i want to merge them. after searching for the artist, and founding the other version of the album, i've selected the existing entry and click on "Merge release groups" since i see no other button to merge what i want to add with what is already there. Then i have the options: "Remove selected entities" or "Cancel". which is the right one to merge the new CD ID with the one already added to the database? Also there is a text " Please navigate to the pages of other entities you wish to merge and select the "merge" link." What other entities? I'm totally confused. Anybody can bring light in this problem? Also, how can i add a cd when there's no entry already ?

Re: how to add albums to database?

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM, cornel panceac <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Merging is for merging two releases *already in MusicBrainz*. If you want to add a second version of a release already in MusicBrainz, just go to the release group, press add release on the sidebar and again follow that how-to.

If what you mean is that you want to add a discID to a release already in MusicBrainz, then see http://musicbrainz.org/doc/How_to_Add_Disc_IDs