how to identify an uncompressed and untagged track

how to identify an uncompressed and untagged track

cornel panceac
I have some uncompressed and untagged audio files that i"d like to identify. Can i do this with Picard? Is there any other way to do it from (Fedora) Linux ?

Re: how to identify an uncompressed and untagged track

Philipp Wolfer-3
Hi Cornel,

2013/3/10 cornel panceac <[hidden email]>
I have some uncompressed and untagged audio files that i"d like to identify. Can i do this with Picard? Is there any other way to do it from (Fedora) Linux ?

you can try to identify the tracks using the audio fingerprinting of Picard. You will have to configure AcoustID in the Picard fingerprinting settings and then use the "Scan" (not the "Lookup") button in Picard to identify the songs.

Regards,
Phil

--
Philipp

2013/3/10 Philipp Wolfer <[hidden email]>
Hi Cornel,

2013/3/10 cornel panceac <[hidden email]>
I have some uncompressed and untagged audio files that i"d like to identify. Can i do this with Picard? Is there any other way to do it from (Fedora) Linux ?

you can try to identify the tracks using the audio fingerprinting of Picard. You will have to configure AcoustID in the Picard fingerprinting settings and then use the "Scan" (not the "Lookup") button in Picard to identify the songs.

Regards,
Phil

Thank you Phil,

I've configured as good as i could the fingerprinting options in picard (you can see the config in attached picture) but when i click "scan", the acoustid applications offers to scan a directory. If i add the directory containing the wav files, it says "Submitted 0 fingerprints, thank you!". So what should i do? compress the wav file? And if i submit the fingerprint, how do i do the lookup?

Cornel

Screenshot from 2013-03-10 15:05:40.png (55K) Download Attachment

Re: how to identify an uncompressed and untagged track

Wieland Hoffmann-2
Hallo cornel panceac:
> I've configured as good as i could the fingerprinting options in picard
> (you can see the config in attached picture) but when i click "scan", the
> acoustid applications offers to scan a directory. If i add the directory
> containing the wav files, it says "Submitted 0 fingerprints, thank you!".

It looks like you have used the wrong tool, the AcoustID fingerprinter
[0]. What you actually need, is a tool called "fpcalc" (.exe, if you're
on Windows). Statically compiled versions of this tool for Windows, Mac
OS X and Linux are available at [1].

[0] http://acoustid.org/fingerprinter
[1] https://acoustid.org/chromaprint

--
Wieland

Re: how to identify an uncompressed and untagged track

cornel panceac

It looks like you have used the wrong tool, the AcoustID fingerprinter
[0]. What you actually need, is a tool called "fpcalc" (.exe, if you're
on Windows). Statically compiled versions of this tool for Windows, Mac
OS X and Linux are available at [1].

[0] http://acoustid.org/fingerprinter
[1] https://acoustid.org/chromaprint

--
Wieland

oh, i see, thank you very much. i'll do, and report back.

Re: how to identify an uncompressed and untagged track

Louis LSJ Kruger
I am now stuck on the Beta site, FireFox always go there even if I type
the full address.

Any ideas?

Louis.

Re: Stuck on the beta site (was: how to identify an uncompressed and untagged track)

Wieland Hoffmann-2
Hallo Louis LSJ Kruger:
> I am now stuck on the Beta site, FireFox always go there even if I type
> the full address.
>
> Any ideas?

There's a "Stop using beta site" link at the left of the footer of the
page, next to the Twitter and Bug Tracker links. Alternatively, you can
delete the "beta" cookie for musicbrainz.org.

--
Wieland