libSpiff 1.0.0rc3 released

Sebastian Pipping
Hello!

This release now fully implements the error model introduced
in libSpiff 1.0.0rc1.  libSpiff has been a very strict parser
from the beginning - too strict for real world XSPF files.
In a recent test on about 650 XSPF files from the net only
47% held valid XSPF content.  With previous releases of
libSpiff this was the exact percentage you could have read.
With libSpiff 1.0.0rc3's support for error skipping you can
now read 73% of these very files, mainly leaving only files
with errors on XML level out.  Still, when needed, libSpiff
can act as a validator as strict as before.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about these changes.
Please note this release is _neither_ source- nor binary-
compatible.

Download:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=176018

Changelog:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=624962&group_id=176018

Sebastian

Re: libSpiff 1.0.0rc3 released

Lucas Gonze-2
For software that uses invalid XML, how does it do it?  What I'm
wondering about is the feasibility of something like HTML Tidy.

In the case of the XML-like ASX dialect, WMP uses a custom parser just
for that format, I think.

Lucas Gonze wrote:
> For software that uses invalid XML, how does it do it?  What I'm
> wondering about is the feasibility of something like HTML Tidy.
>
> In the case of the XML-like ASX dialect, WMP uses a custom parser just
> for that format, I think.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea.  As it's not a problem specific to
XSPF, I don't feel we should go for an XSPF-specific solution.

Sebastian