quickie resolver by J. Herskowitz

Lucas Gonze-2

Re: quickie resolver by J. Herskowitz

Sebastian Pipping
Lucas Gonze wrote:
> http://globallistic.blogspot.com/2009/02/playlist-reanimator.html

- neither mystrands.com nor ilike.com are listed at the
  XSPF applications page yet.  anybody got time to
  write a fruity summary for me to add an entry?

- ilike.com seems to serve valid XSPF-1, hooray!
  (i'm positively surprised as many don't.)
  i needed google to find some ilike use of XSPF, though.
  has anybody got a contact at ilike who could make them
  show XSPF more visibly?  maybe even the "valid xspf" button?

- mystrands.com is serving XSPF-1 under the name of XSPF-0,
  i.e. version is set to "0" but they serve <extension> elements.
  So that's easy to fix.  Anybody got a contact at mystrands
  to pass this through?

- where can i find that resolver?  it reads

    "turns into this:
     Pipes Output
     No results"

  on the page for me.  should there be something else?

sebastian

Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> - mystrands.com is serving XSPF-1 under the name of XSPF-0,
>   i.e. version is set to "0" but they serve <extension> elements.
>   So that's easy to fix.  Anybody got a contact at mystrands
>   to pass this through?

PS:  Adding line breaks would make their XSPF both human readable
     and processable on text-level (e.g. shell scripts), not just
     on XML level.  My vote for line breaks.

Sebastian

Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Lucas Gonze wrote:
>> http://globallistic.blogspot.com/2009/02/playlist-reanimator.html
>
> - neither mystrands.com nor ilike.com are listed at the
>   XSPF applications page yet.  anybody got time to
>   write a fruity summary for me to add an entry?

MyStrands: a music-oriented social site focused on taste-sharing and
recommendations.

iLike: a music site oriented towards social-networks; for sharing music
tastes and playlists, and learning about new artists and concerts together.

> - where can i find that resolver?  it reads
>
>     "turns into this:
>      Pipes Output
>      No results"
>
>   on the page for me.  should there be something else?

So you're not getting a working playback experience?

On my own machine it's working.  This could be either a temporary server
capacity problem or a territorial issue.

Re: quickie resolver by J. Herskowitz

Lucas Gonze-2
Y'know, it seems to me that the way to get MyStrands to care about
validity and iLike to care about visibility is to create a compelling
business case for playlist sharing from their perspective.  They use
XSPF because it's faster than rolling their own, but they don't intend
to exchange playlists with anybody.

The iLIke API is the closest I've seen to a clear business decision to
open playlisting up:
http://blog.programmableweb.com/2008/09/19/ilike-launches-api-for-music-playlists/

Lucas Gonze wrote:
> MyStrands: a music-oriented social site focused on taste-sharing and
> recommendations.
>
> iLike: a music site oriented towards social-networks; for sharing music
> tastes and playlists, and learning about new artists and concerts together.

Thanks, added.
https://trac.xiph.org/changeset/15689

> So you're not getting a working playback experience?

If there's anything that's expected to play then no :-)

Sebastian