the artist DP (Public Domain ?)

MeinDummy
Hi,

recently, there was a lengthy discussion whether composer/lyricist ARs should be added to the artist DP ( https://musicbrainz.org/artist/e49b377c-62a6-40b2-a666-3f46d3b1030e ) and whether this artist should be there at all.

There are strong indications that DP is the GEMA representation of domaine publique (Public Domain).
I.e. if GEMA says "lyricist: DP" it means that the lyrics are public domain and not that there's a person "DP" who wrote them.

The discussion is here: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/27229917

I submitted some edits to remove all ARs for the artist. As a result the artist itself will be removed by ModBot if these edits are accepted.
In addition to these, there are some open edits to add new ARs.
Here are the links if you want to vote:
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/27791381
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/27822546
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/27824186