video / music

stephane ancelot
Hi,
May be it is a silly question ?
how do you make the difference between a video or music flux , when
setting up http-get url ?

Best Regards
Steph

Re: video / music

Sebastian Pipping
stephane ancelot wrote:
> how do you make the difference between a video or music flux , when
> setting up http-get url ?

Could you explain in more detail?  I'm not really
sure what your question is.

Sebastian

Re: video / music

stephane ancelot
Le Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:15:32 +0200, Sebastian Pipping
<[hidden email]> a écrit:

> stephane ancelot wrote:
>> how do you make the difference between a video or music flux , when
>> setting up http-get url ?
>
> Could you explain in more detail?  I'm not really
> sure what your question is.

I have a playlist that contains url to webradio or webtv, since it is
intended to be streamed to my ps3 I need to setup in the playlist a key to
indicate if it is only audio or audio+video

Best Regards
S.Ancelot

> Sebastian

Re: video / music

Agentbleu
you have to point it to an mp3 file only

On 20 Oct 2008, at 10:31, stephane ancelot wrote:

> Le Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:15:32 +0200, Sebastian Pipping
> <[hidden email]> a écrit:
>
>> stephane ancelot wrote:
>>> how do you make the difference between a video or music flux , when
>>> setting up http-get url ?
>>
>> Could you explain in more detail?  I'm not really
>> sure what your question is.
>>

> I have a playlist that contains url to webradio or webtv, since it is
> intended to be streamed to my ps3 I need to setup in the playlist a
> key to
> indicate if it is only audio or audio+video
>
> Best Regards
> S.Ancelot
>

>> Sebastian

Re: video / music

Lucas Gonze
Stephane, this issue has come up for other people too.  You use a
namespace or extension to solve it.

How to do it with an extension element:

<track>
    <location>http://example.com/myvideo.mp4</location>
    <extension application="http://lists.musicbrainz.org/pipermail/playlist/2008-October/002079.html">isvideo</extension>
</track>

Make sense?

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Agentbleu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> you have to point it to an mp3 file only

> On 20 Oct 2008, at 10:31, stephane ancelot wrote:
>
>> Le Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:15:32 +0200, Sebastian Pipping
>> <[hidden email]> a écrit:

>>> Could you explain in more detail?  I'm not really
>>> sure what your question is.
>>>

>> I have a playlist that contains url to webradio or webtv, since it is
>> intended to be streamed to my ps3 I need to setup in the playlist a
>> key to
>> indicate if it is only audio or audio+video
>>
>> Best Regards
>> S.Ancelot
>>

>>> Sebastian

Re: video / music

Sebastian Pipping
Lucas Gonze wrote:
> How to do it with an extension element:
>
> <track>
>     <location>http://example.com/myvideo.mp4</location>
>     <extension application="http://lists.musicbrainz.org/pipermail/playlist/2008-October/002079.html">isvideo</extension>
> </track>
>
> Make sense?

I'm a bit shocked about the application URI you are proposing :-)

Instead, let me propose reusing a Geekkid extension [1] for better
interoperability that invited what you seem to need here before:

   <track>
   </track>
   <track>
   </track>

In case you invent an extension (or meta keys) yourself later
please let us know about it so we can properly document it together.

Sebastian

[1] http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/List_of_known_XSPF_metas#Geekkid.net

Re: video / music

Sebastian Pipping
Sebastian Pipping wrote:

> Instead, let me propose reusing a Geekkid extension [1] for better
> interoperability that invited what you seem to need here before:
>
>    <track>
>    </track>
>    <track>
>    </track>
>
> In case you invent an extension (or meta keys) yourself later
> please let us know about it so we can properly document it together.

Allow me to correct my self.  As I just found out geekkid.net was
taken over by a domain harvester or something.  The new address
for the extension (live in use at the sadly badly invalid XSPF file
here [1]) is

   http://lacymorrow.com/type

so it would be

then.

Sebastian

Re: video / music

Sebastian Pipping
Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> .. live in use at the sadly badly invalid XSPF file
> here [1] ..

[1] http://www.lacymorrow.com/projects/jukebox/playlist.xml

Sorry, I need coffee I guess... :-)

Sebastian

Re: video / music

Lucas Gonze-2
Should we host this on xspf.org to reduce domain turnover and keep the
uri stable?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 20, 2008, at 9:43 AM, Sebastian Pipping
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sebastian Pipping wrote:
>> Instead, let me propose reusing a Geekkid extension [1] for better
>> interoperability that invited what you seem to need here before:
>>
>>   <track>
>>   </track>
>>   <track>
>>   </track>
>>
>> In case you invent an extension (or meta keys) yourself later
>> please let us know about it so we can properly document it together.
>
> Allow me to correct my self.  As I just found out geekkid.net was
> taken over by a domain harvester or something.  The new address
> for the extension (live in use at the sadly badly invalid XSPF file
> here [1]) is
>
>   http://lacymorrow.com/type
>
> so it would be

> then.
>

> Sebastian

Re: video / music

Sebastian Pipping
Gonze.com wrote:
> Should we host this on xspf.org to reduce domain turnover and keep the
> uri stable?

Good idea.  How about this one:

  rel      = 'http://xspf.org/meta/xspf-1/media-family/1'
  content  = 'audio' / 'video' / 'playlist'

What I'm unsure about:

- How do we handle files with video and audio together?

   - a several meta tags:
     <track>
     </track>

   - a list of families: